Climbing partners in the Frankfurt/Darmstadt area

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

I'm looking for climbing partner in the Frankfurt or Darmstadt area for climbs in the local gyms or outside. I have gear. I climb up to 6+/5.10ish. I will be in working in Darmstadt from next week on and without knowing all the details of my work schedule yet I usually should be available on weekdays in the evenings.

Chris

Posted

There's a climbing club at ESOC with quite a few members. Their homepage is http://esoc-climbing.de/ but it looks to be down at present. I'll send you a pm with some e-mail contacts who might be able to point you at climbing partners...

Posted

Hi Chris, I climb quite a bit. I was considering climbing in Frankfurt. There is a place somewhere near Hanauer Landstrasse but it is quite pricey. I am in the middle of moving back to Germany now but would be interested in meeting up for a climb sometime if you are interested.

Posted

Hi. The best hall I have found around FFM is the one at Kelkheim - its cheaper than the T-Halle in the center of FFM and the routes have felt better (for me). I'm near Frankfurt, have not climbed for a few months now and would really like to get going again. I'd be interested in outdoor too and also have gear. I'll send you a PM Chris.

Posted

hi guys,

this might be a bit off topic, since I am no climber, but I love mountaineering/hiking, even with bit of scramble and so on...

glacier/ice axe usage no problem, but I don't do any vertical walls or faces :)

Would be great to get to know a hiking group/partner to go hiking with... - my next plan is Zermatt

thanks

matt

Posted

Hi,

I live in Frankfurt. I'm also interested in climbing. But I'm kinda a beginner. I did one week fixed rope climbing with a guide in Dolomite.

Now I want to do it more often. I plan to go to t-hall in Frankfurt once a week and am searching for a partner or a group.

If anybody is interested, please contact me.

Clickety6, could you send me the email contact of those people in that ESOC club? It sounds quite interesting.

Thanks.

Posted

website is at http://esoc-climbing.de/ (hasn't been updated for a while but they are still very active)

Current chairman is Christian Schurig (christian.schurig@esa.int)

Posted

Bump.

I'm living in Frankfurt indefinitely and having a difficult time finding a reliable climbing partner. A slight change from my previous home in the southwest US&A. I'm looking for a partner for outdoor climbing on weekday evenings or weekend days. I've been climbing for 7 years, have plenty o' trad gear, am 100% safe, etc. I have reliable, diesel-fueled transportation. I seek someone who is both motivated to climb & enjoys a refreshing beer after a day/evening of pulling-down.

Posted

I am also looking to climb after work Mon-Thurs indoors or out ... message me if interested. Am in Wiesbaden. Have been climbing for many years now, currently recovering from injury but normally around 6a/5.10 prior .

Posted

I'm looking to meet up with friendly climbers in the Frankfurt area. Whether indoors or out, weekdays or weekends, trad sport or bouldering, I'm keen. I'm only here until the 15th of June, but I am permanently relocating here in September. I would just like to meet some fellow climbers and check out the local scene. Currently climbing up to about F 7a / 5.11d.

Cheers

Posted

Hi all,

I am a newbie to climbing! But nevertheless would like to give it a try!

I have always thought of it as quiet adventurous.

So if anyone is organizing an event/group in DARMSTADT, I will be happy to join and learn after office hours.

Please reply to this or PM me!

Regards,

DP

Posted

hi, 27 year old male chiropractor, just moved to bad soden am taunus to practice and keen to find a climbing partner, i climbed in the uk a 6a-c, and a few times outside but wish to continue this.

would like to meet evenings, weekends and maybe wednesdays also.

anyone interested give me a email on 05026326@glam.ac.uk. havnt got a rope at the moment, wouldn't fit in the overhead luggage.

Posted

I'm also a newbie to climbing but have been thinking about giving it a go for a while, would be interested in coming along if anything materialises and you don't mind someone who doesn't really know what they're doing! Is the ESOC club any good for beginners, any courses etc? Cheers

Posted

Hi,

I am also looking for a climbing partner in Frankfurt. I am a bit rusty since I haven't climbed in awhile but i would like to catch up with it.

I would be interested in meeting up and climb together.

Cheers

Posted

Hi

I'm a newbie too but I'm really keen to give climbing a serious go and have a fair amount of free time too! If you don't mind another beginner, let me know if anything's happening or of any courses/groups starting. Many thanks!

Posted

I used to love climbing but have not found a good opportunity to do it out here so I expect I am pretty rusty. Would love to come along if anyone is going in the Frankfurt area just let me know

Posted

I am going to go back to climbing probably in three weeks. I am waiting for my small injury to heal completely.

Posted

Hi Lifeisabuffet, hope you are better soon.

If / when you go back, drop me a message. Would be great to get back into it again

Posted

If anybody needs info or needs a partner to climb at Schriesheim, or the Pfalz. I am a bit out of shape so not climbing too hard at the momment but getting back into the groove a bit. Have experiance and all gear plus a couple of extra harnesses and ropes and stuff. I find myself mostly rope soloing latley. Intrested in doing some longer routes in the Alps when it warms up.

Greetz,

Marco

colombo_m (at) hotmail (dot) com