Regular Thursday meetup at the Irish Pub, Bamberg

46 posts in this topic

Posted

There is a group of us that meet up at the Irish Pub in Bamberg every Thursday at 9:00 ish. Come join us!!! Good Music, Good Company!!

Malaprop. I owe you 2 beers! ;) I blame the cider for my muddled thinking!!! LOL.

Posted

We are normally at the back corner table past the bar!

Posted

Hi, is this still happening on Thursday nights at the Irish Pub? Are you just English people, Americans or are some Germans (english speaking) as well joining in?

Posted

basically everyone's welcome. the times i've been it's been a mix germans, americans, brits... most people speak german also. but the conversation is secondary, i'd say... being an irish pub 'nall. i think its still going but some of the regulars are heading back to the states for the summer...

Posted

If the meetup was ever on a Friday or Saturday, I would definitely join.

Posted

Is anyone in Bamberg going out tonight?

My husband and I are going out, most likely to Calimeros (his favorite), and then possibly Green Goose, and then onto the Irish Pub. All are right there close to each other.

Anyone interested in grabbing a few drinks?

Posted

just saw this. some other time for sure!!

Posted

Hi folks, I am new to this board and new to Bamberg and havent met any people yet.

Looking for people and regular meetup.

Posted

Welcome to Bamberg!

As I posted before, I would prefer a weekend meet-up, but hopefully sometime in the (near) future I can attend a regular Thursday meet-up.

Posted

A weekend meet up would also be fine with me, any ideas where to go on a Friday or Saturday night?

Posted

There are a lot of places that are good to go out to on Friday and Saturday nights in Bamberg.

What kind of place do you prefer? Disco/Clubs? Small bars? Sports bars? Small bar jam-packed with people? Young-people bars? Older-crowd bars? Smoking bars? Loud "American" Bars?

So many options.. lol

Posted

Geez so many options. I am a non smoker so I would prefer a non smoking bar, nothing against loud american bars. As long as I dont need to scream to the person next to me.

Posted

Being a non-smoker, that takes Green Goose off of the list.

If you don't want to scream to the person next to you, discos and clubs are off the list. So is Calimeros.

Since you haven't filled out your profile, and haven't filled us in here, I am guessing you are male, and aged 25-35. There are many bars that fall within your category. I suggest taking a cab into downtown (or walking, depending on where you live), and just walking into a hole-in-the-wall. Odds are you will find someone who speaks English (if your German is not good), and most everyone I've met here is very friendly.

Hopefully we can get this Irish Pub regular meet-up going again. :)

Posted

Anyone care to meet today I am off work

Posted

@Veronicavonn

I am woman, 27 years old, I have family in the US but would like to improve my english.

Since I never been to Calimeros or Green Goose I think I will have to give them a chance.

Anyone want to meet this weekend?

Posted

Okay then, I was 1 for 2. :)

You'll be in for a good, loud, and smoky time. But it's fun!

My husband and I like to go to Calimeros to start off the night, then walk over to Irish Pub, and end off the night with Green Goose. I am not a smoker, and neither is my husband, but Green Goose is a "smoker's club" and if you do not want to smell like an ashtray, you won't go there.. We enjoy the music there and we've got a bunch of friends who love it there as well.

If I don't work this weekend, my husband and I might head out to the bars.

I'll let ya know via this thread if we are headed out. :)

Posted

@Veronica how about meeting sometime in January. I am still on vacation but will get back to Bamberg by the mid of Jan.

Posted

I would love to go out for a few drinks! I'll be bringing along my German husband, FYI.

Perhaps next Friday? Or the weekend after that?

I will be in Munich Jan 29, 30, & 31, so that weekend is out.

Posted

Gonna be at the pub this Thursday Feb 11th. Hope some folks can join! Back corner table!!! 8 o'clock!

Posted

We will be at the Irish Pub Thursday Feb 11th at 8 if anyone wants to drop by for a pint!! Back corner table!