Tubing trip down the river Isar

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone interested in trying to do a tubing trip down the isar this summer redneck style. Black innertubes and beer...Yeehah!

Posted

Um, hells yes I am! I even have a couple of innertubes. Now if I can just find a god net somewhere we got ourselves a party!

Posted

Hey just wondering if you ever went tubing last year.. This is my first year in Germany. I am originally from Texas and every year we went tubing down the Guadalupe.. I was hoping to do it here in Germany too.. Let me know..thanks

Posted

YES!

Posted

It sounds like fun to me, but to be honest, I have never come across the word "tubing" - maybe somebody could come up with an idiot-proof explanation...?

Posted

tubing, coasting down a river in a big inner tube

I would personally wait til the water level drops from the flooding we have now.

Posted

Thanks Carm!

I´ve never heard of it, and certainly never tried it, but if I´m fit and healthy again by the time you guys plan a trip, then I´d love to come!

Posted

its a fun way to spend a fun afternoon on the river,

usually alcohol is involved ;)

Posted

This looks exciting!! Haven't tubed in years.

From where to where? Is there a tube outfitter here?

Posted

I have been on a "Schlauchbootfahrt" from bad Tölz to Wolfratzhausen before. You rent your tubes, rubber boats oars etc from Bad Tölz and you basically have several hours to make your way down the truly beautiful Isar drinking beer, stopping for lunch/sunbathing until you get to Wolfratzhausen where you have to leave all the equipment by the road at a designated spot so it can be picked up.

Not sure of the company, but this one appears to offer them. You need to get a BOB to Bad Tölz and at the other end a short bus trip from the stop off point (or walking) gets you to the Sbahn station at Wolfratzhausen

Posted

Any idea for a date for this adventure?

Posted

no, since the river is flooding at the moment, and the weather has been crap, I think we need to see how the rest of the summer (if that is what you can call it) shapes up.

Posted

HHHMMMMMMM I guess I'll keep checking and maybe the trip will work out the one day I have free in Munich =D

Posted

Oooooooooooh my goodness yes, this would be awesome!! I've never been tubing unless it was being pulled behind a fast boat all water-ski-style. Usually flipping is involved at some point. Leisurely tubing sounds great! Now if only the river could warm up a bit...

Posted

Now if only the river could warm up a bit.

The Isar is cold year round thanks to the mountain snow runoff. We just need the water level go go down from flood level

to tubeing level..

Posted

Hot damn, yeah I'm interested! Please make it for at least 2 weeks out from now, as I will be away on business.

-Carl

Posted

Hey, sounds great as we have been wanting to do this. We heard that you can tube down a couple of hours and end at an S Bahn stop to come back. Anyone know these sarting and stopping points?

Posted

Does it have to be a tube , I'd rather just walk ...

yours sincerely Jesus

Not wanting to appear to be a snob or anything , but are people allowed to take part in this aquatic adventure if they bring their own rubber boats?

Posted

Yes! you don't have to be specifically in a tube... that's just what it's called cause most people use tubes... you can use a "raft" like a little one or anything that floats if you don't mind being in that cold water you could just get a noodle or something small... omg I miss tubing, back in Idaho we did it all the time in the summer! Just try to make it in July or early August cause the 17th I'm on vacation for 3 weeks and I don't want to miss this! soooo much fun!