English-speaking handymen for household repairs

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, I am looking for recommendations for a handyman in Berlin.

I live at Potsdamer Platz, and am needing someone to take care of some repairs ASAP, such as:

• broken door frame
  • installing one of those `waterfall´ shower heads (i have the kit already)
  • window-washing? (seperately, if necessary. not sure who to call, I just need to take care of it auf Englisch. I live on the third floor and have huge windows that need to be washed outside. Recommendations as to this would be very welcome as well.)

So, basically nothing to terribly technical or specialized. Want someone competetively/reasonably priced, although quality is most important.

Thanks!!! :)

Posted

Hi.

I'm a former Londoner.

Many years experience in the building/furniture making trade.

I would be happy to do the work you have outlined.

Except I need more details Re. the door frame problem.

My rate is €15 an hour & I normally like to work a minimum of 4 hours.

Let me know if you are interested or need more info.

Cheers.

Posted

I could definately help ya out with those jobs, and would enjoy the work. I have been doing home remodeling for many years, everything from simple paint jobs to additions. Id love to come have a look. Price will not be an issue.

Have a great day!

Jeff

Posted

Hi,

I am looking for a handyman as described exactly as above to fix a broken door frame ASAP. If either of you are available please get in contact

thanks!

Posted

Hi

Am also looking for a handyman - putting up hooks, picture hanging, some lights, perhaps some shelves and some furniture assembly - if either of you are interested, please also contact me.

Thanks

Posted

My name is James, a trained joiner & carpenter from London,

relocated in Berlin in 2009.

More than 25 years of experience in high end refurbishment, constructions of deckings, flooring, handyman jobs such as repairing, removals, kitchen/furniture fitting, decorating. No job is too small!

Affordable prices, official German self-employed status.

For professional and reliable service, please contact:

James Ryall

ryall.james@yahoo.com

0176 - 70 77 68 47

Posted

Hi everyone. I would like to endorse the above handyman, James. He did a very nice job repairing a broken closet door for me last week.

James was inexpensive, came at a time that was best for me and finished in an hour. He can also provide official invoices if you need one for your Hausveraltung.

The other great thing about him is that no job is too small. When I first realised that I needed the door repaired, a lot of the carpenters/handymen I contacted refused to do the job because it was not big enough. James didn't mind and was also honest about how he could fix the door in order to save me money.

Finally, it is worth noting that James is a very nice person.

I enthusiastically endorse James for handyman work.

Posted

Another endorsement for James from me. Me & my missus contracted him to do some work for us a few weeks ago when we had a new kitchen fitted. This involved removing the old floor tiles, levelling the floor itself, installing new flooring and painting the kitchen. Not particularly easy or straightforward work, but James did a first-rate job and also assisted us in choosing suitable materials, etc. His hourly rates are reasonable, and he's a hard worker. I'd have no hesitation in recommending him.

Posted

Hi, I just moved within Berlin and used a handyman for both renovations on my old apartment and work on my new apartment.  He was very fast and did high quality work, and I would recommend him to other people here who need help with repairs, electric work, installation work (e.g. shelves, mirrors, cabinets), furniture assembly, etc.  He's German but speaks English very well (we only speak English together).  His email address it torkamay@aol.com and phone number is (0)157 82870182.