Songs/bands that remind you of the good ol' days

11 posts in this topic

Posted

So I was looking through some old CD's I have brought with me to Germany, some I havent listened to in years. During my search I came across a Simple Plan cd, also something I havent heard in years. So I put it in the stereo to see what songs were on there. As I was listening to the music, tears came to my eyes. Not because of the music, but because of the memories it brought. The memories of the Good Ol' Days. The fun times, the great friends, and most importantly the memories. Most of my best friends have all moved away, and some have even died, but the memories remain.

So here is the Question. What songs/bands make you think back to the past, and brings back memories? Share the songs and stories!

Posted

If you think that CDs have something to do with music, then you already belong to the lost generation. Music exists on LPs, other sources are unimportant equivalent sources.

Posted

I agree with Bipa. Man, do I miss my LPs (and my Bang&O turntable)! Soon, we will be reunited.

Posted

Would YOU ever risk packing an original Beatles record in your suitcase that gets thwron under the plane? I have over 200 records back home that I got from my mother. Only probelm is that I am here, and they are not. But i do miss them...you are right, nothing is better than an old scratchy record :D

Posted

A lot of songs remind me of my youth, but I think the one that brings me back the most, would have to be Iron Maiden's Flight of Icarus. Before that song, I found music to be rather boring and redundant. With that song, I realised there was powerful stuff out there that got me instantly hyperactive.

From there I "discovered" Judas Priest, Black Sabbath (Hey, I was 11 or 12 and growing up in a Mormon family, it was new to me.) and all of the other great heavy metal bands out there. That was when I started defining the person I was to become.

Posted

Well there are a few songs which take me down the memory lane like R.E.M - Losing my religion, Metallica - Coming back to Life, Eagles - Hotel California.. there are days when I, my drink and these songs give each other company reliving good old days!

Posted

Whole selection of songs in the jukebox in Potter's bar in Largs when I arrived in 1996: Alanis Morrisette "Ironic", The Verve, Ocean Colour Scene...

Posted

Still got my collection of punk 45s bought as they were being released.

Still play 'em regularly too.

Posted

If you think that CDs have something to do with music, then you already belong to the lost generation. Music exists on LPs, other sources are unimportant equivalent sources.

LPs and 45s. Scratchy records. Broken needles. Ah, yes... Those were the days, my friend...

I can't agree more, but then I'm not talking about LPs either ;)

post-9833-13559353373072.jpg