Who would you be, if you could swap for a day?

51 posts in this topic

Posted

I actually have to answer this question for something that is too silly (o.k. I am applying for the British version of Deal or No Deal) for words. That said, I do find it a hard question and I'm really struggling with it.

Who would I want to change lives with for a day...and why?

So who would you want to live a day in the life of??? Maybe it will inspire me to move beyond Madonna singing "Like a Virgin" at the MTV music awards circa 1984???

I certainly don't want to be a Ghandi starving or Lincoln getting shot. Being Hugh Hefner for a day could be interesting but rather shallow not to mention I don't bat for the other team.

Posted

I've always wondered what it would be like to be the stereotypical harmless village idiot. The one who is tolerated and pitied by everyone, but can do and say exactly what he wants whenever he wants without being punished or really scorned but is instead endured or even simply accepted. One day of complete freedom to just do and say whatever the hell I want with absolutely no restrictions, conventions or customs to follow. That would be interesting for just a day. :D

Posted

Well how about the Queen or Camilla (gag, you'd have to imagine kissing big ears!), or Maggie Thatcher, you could give the milk back, anyway something cheesy might appeal to the producers :huh:

Posted

I would like to be a man with all the male attributes of character and conditioned way of thinking particular to our Western society, under the condition that I remember everything I did, said, heard and thought on that one day. And sleep with a willing woman, of course, just to know how it feels.

Posted

I like this. However, you can probably sleep with a willing woman to see how it feels, to a degree. Think of all the conditioning you have from advertising. Women have been conditioned by endless advertising and women's roles to think of women sexually as well as men. I know I have a different attitude when I have slept with a woman than with a man. (Read Janet Street Porter's latest article on how women dressed at the Brits to get an idea of the way women are still willingly going along with ways of presentation that men wouldn't even consider. It's the second subject she tackles in this editorial: http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/comme...t-1628949.html)

For me, my first thought would be to be a footballer, after scoring a goal. The goal that made me wonder about what it felt to be like in his body, experiencing that, was a goal by Anders Svensson in the World Cup. Not a particularly brilliant goal, but one that locked me in at the moment viscerally.

Posted

I'd like to be a famous male singer who goes shopping all day and then performs at a concert and then has sex with a large breasted groupie.

This combines many fantasies all in one - being rich, being famous, being a man and knowing how it feels to have sex with a woman.

Edit - I know how it feels to have sex with a woman so I should rephrase that and say how it feels to have a cock and penetrate a woman.

Posted

Hey, just to have a cock! Wow--inches of tissue that can become stimulated! And surrounded! And rise up! And explode!

Ha ha. I sound like a man who fantasizes what it would be like to have breasts!

Posted

Not for the whole penis envy aspect that I am sensing here... but I wouldn't mind being a person of super power for a day. So I guess that means I'd be Obama. I don't want to shag Michelle, though. I just want to feel what it's like to have my hand on the trigger... :P And sleep in the White House, with all those people waiting on me. And fly in Air Force One!

Posted

Yes, I've got the penis envy. Fortunately for men, it translates into insatiable oral cravings. :)

Posted

Now I too wouldn't mind knowing how it felt to be a guy in his orgasmic rush, but somehow I think actually writing that on a game show application would get me disqualified as a potential contestant! :P

The Dalai Lama would be interesting for the day. The guy always seems perpetually happy, is revered by so many, and I could actually experience what a true meditative state would be like...something I am wayyy to loud in the head to experience in my own world.

The vilage idiot is quite origional though!

As Obama I would get to smoke again...something I haven't done in decades, but I have NO desire to decide the fate of millions...I struggle enough with my own fate!

Posted

Either one of my kids. That way I could experience being a child again and seeing how they view the world and their parents. Hopefully in a good way. ;)

Posted

My old flame's wife. :o

Posted

How about being a rugby union ref for a day, imagine getting to tell 30 big beefy hunks what to do & they have to do it without arguing, you could make them say "yes dear" when you tell them off :lol:

Posted

Hmmm, no one has said they'd like to trade places with [insert your favourite tyrants name here] so you could kill yourself and end all kinds of misery. I'd probably pick Mugabe unless you're allowed to travel back in time in which case the possibilities would be endless.

Posted

but would you die in their body, leaving them to be evil in yours? mmmmmm don't like the sound of that.

Posted

Evil or not, I don't really think this body is going to accomplish anything too significant in this lifetime. Besides he'd also have to go home to you every night and watch rugby which is punishment enough if you ask me.

Posted

Neil Armstrong, July 20, 1969.

Posted

You want to be in some film studio off hidden from the rest of the world for the day? :P

Posted

Buddy Holly, February 3, 1959 and I would take the bus.

Posted

Martin Luther King or Mahatma Gandhi. I wonder what it would be like to inspire and march with thousands of people, fighting for equality, civil rights and fair treatment.