Where to play squash or badminton

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a friendly place to play squash and or badminton in the Altona area?

Posted

Not sure about squash but Badminton Courts are hard to come across. I also searched for a while and only came up with one which cost €18 per 45 minutes in peak times, which I think extortionate. During the day and at weekends is not so bad, especially if there's 4 of you. http://www.netzwerk-badminton.de/

I joined http://www.sportspass.de/. They have halls all over the City and whilst there are usually quite a lot of attendees the sessions last for almost 2 hours and you can get a good game. For €8 per month it's a bargain, especially as they have so much going on and once you've paid the monthly fee there are no other charges.

Posted

Check out the Kaifu Lodge.

Not sure if you consider it close to Altona, but the place is awesome, with lots of squash courts.

www.kaifu-lodge.de

Posted

Hey Steph,

I go to Squash Point http://www.squash-point.de/ in Hamburg. It's not exactly Altona but it's as close as I could find at a decent price. For off hours it's €60 for a 10 game card. Can't really remember what the prime time prices are like but they are considerably higher. I used to play there with a group during prime time which worked out cheap because you can book by court; we would get two courts between a few of us and we normally paid only €5 a head per week. You don't get to play straight for an hour but on and off if fine for me. We're only two at the moment but if you know a few other people who aren't at a professional level ;-)

Posted

Hi DeviousMrBlonde

I'm definitely not at the professional level, and would be keen as for a weekly or whatever game of squash. The squash place you've mentioned is very close to my place as well.

Give me a PM as we can hook up.

Cheers

Reon

Posted

hello.

i live in the schanze and i'm trying to find someone to play badminton with. like the guy above me, i'm not at a professional level, but i've been playing on and off for a few years now.

i can get about the city pretty easily.

looking forward to hearing from people...

Posted

Hi Steph

I'm also looking for badminton fun. I have played at Sportspass before at various locations but not for a while. Get in touch if you're interested.

Cheers

Posted

Hi!

It's already an old post, but I'm also searching for a badminton/ pingpong club. Preferably in or around Schanze...

Cheers

Posted

Hi steph

The squash courts at Kaifu are great, its cheaper if ur a member of course but they have i think 15 courts so easy to book one.

I would love to join anyone for a game, its been a year since i have had a hit but used to play twice a week back home

:)

Posted

Hi I am man (30),

I am living close to the UNI. I am looking for a squash partner. Dont have a great level but love the game. I know where to play.

Posted

Hi,

I know this question has been asked already but I am going to be working in Hamburg for the next 6 months and I normally play squash about three times a week back in Scotland. Is there anybody out there who is at a reasonable level who would like a game through the week or if anybody can point me to any like minded people or clubs around the Hamburg area would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

A

Posted

Hi Scot

Im a Danish guy who are here in Hamburg to study. im looking for one to play with to.

back home in denmark i played once a week. are you up for a game?

Posted

Hello,

I am also living in Hamburg now. I would really like to find somebody to play squash with in a regular basis. Please contact me. I live around Uhlenhorst.

Aram

Posted

I am looking for a squash partner to play with

(somewhere in altona, altona nord, or schanze).

I played a few times before, but I would probably

be considered a beginner. It would be good if I could

play with someone (20- 30 yr) at my ability.

I am 24 Irish girl.

Let me know if you are interested!

Sarah

Posted

Hi ScotInDe,

I'm quite a regular player as well.

I'm happy to have a regular game going weekly if you want.

Used to play 2-3 times a week back in New Zealand.

Let me if you're interested, I play in SquashPoint (squash-point.de) in Sternschanze...

Regards,

Louay

Posted

Hi Everyone,

I will be moving to Hamburg in a few days and am looking for someone between 20-30 who'd be interested in playing a game of squash twice a week or so. I haven't played in a while, so I'd like to get back into shape :) Feel free to contact me at: m.zywien@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Posted

I have opened a new post (hope it is not a reptetition of many other posts), anyways I am asking here too..

I am not too well versed in any sports to particular (maybe apart from Cricket), but i am willing to learn and play any sport.

What is the best way to play badminton here in Hamburg? Find a partner and book places in the sportspass? or Join a small club??

Or is there anyone who is interested to start playing Squash with me ( I have no idea about squash but could join and learn) ?

Posted

I really need to do sports and I would prefer doing something with others instead of sitting on a machine exercising. If anyone is interested in playing badminton or so feel free to write me.

PS: I am a young female

Posted

I am as well interested in playing badminton. I can join anyone who r willing to play.

Posted

I really need to do sports and I would prefer doing something with others instead of sitting on a machine exercising. If anyone is interested in playing badminton or so feel free to write me.

PS: I am a young female

I am as well interested in playing badminton. I can join anyone who r willing to play.

Hello Cinnabarina & Madhu,

I would also prefer to play some sport rather than going along with a machine. So I see that we can come up with a plan of what we can do. Maybe we can check the website, www.sportspass.de. I have no idea of how to use the information available there. But we can come up with something. What say??

By the way, I live in Heimfeld (near TUHH).