Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where to buy non-German beers in Stuttgart

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knows a place in Stuttgart where I can buy beers like Chimay? I've looked at Edeka (which seems to have the "biggest" selection of alcohol), and didn't have much luck.

Thanks.

Posted

Another week, another "where can I buy decent beer" thread. Have a look in Kaufhof/Karstadt and the like. They usually have a few options. Otherwise you'll have to take a trip to Darmstadt or Basel.

Posted

Yeah, it's decent beer, but, in my defense, I've looked in all the places where i can buy beer (that I've seen).

I've looked at Kaufhof, nada.

And, I actually enjoy Franziskaner a lot. I just have this desire to drink some Chimay. :-D

Thanks.

Posted

If you're up to a trip to Tubingen, you can also buy Chimay and other Belgian beers at Vinium.

Posted

Feinkost Bohm (with umlaut) in Stuttgart. Good choice of beers, including Chimay!

Posted

I need to know what the best beer store is in the Stuttgart\Vaihingen\Boblingen\Sindelfingen area is. I'm mainly interested in a good selection of Trappist beers and Czech beers, but any kind of Belgian beer will be ok.

Thank you guys.

Topics merged by admin

Posted

You're in the wrong country to be that picky. Anyway, the answer is Maruhn; it's "the best" in the sense of "the only". I realise it's not in the area you're asking about, but the only other shop in Germany with a decent selection is in Berlin. Otherwise your local Karstadt/Kaufhof might have one or two to choose from.

Posted

This place was recommended for specials but I still haven't been to check it out,

Beilharz GmbH Getränkeland Getränkevertrieb, Chemnitzer Strasse, Stuttgart-Degerloch near to Möhringen

My neighbour had some nice trappist beers from there, if you want some of the typical English stuff like Newcastle brown & Old Speckled Hen you could try Kolben&Cylinder in the Strohberg Strasse, Stuttgart South, they are open Friday evenings and Saturdays..

Posted

Does anyone know a place in (or near) Stuttgart that has something other than German beer? No offense to German beer, but I would like to find some beer from other countries (IPAs in particular). The selection of micro brew beer in Tampa (even in Publix) was incredible. Visited Edeka here and did not see anything but German beer.

No flames please. I know Germany is not the USA. I love living here! But I was just wondering if there was some place that catered to those beer drinkers who want something a bit different.

TIA

[adminmerge][/adminmerge]

Posted

Try the Galleria Hof near Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof. They have a large grocery section that has a lot of imported foods, perhaps they have some good imported beers too?

Posted

The Kaufhofs in Munich have a surprisingly good range of British beers (Fullers, Sam Smiths, St. Austell), so should be the same in Stuttgart.

Posted

Thx all. I'll go exploring and report back to the mother-ship with what I find.

Obviously I am not the first person to ask this question. I did use the search function but did not find this post. Sorry.

Posted

Heinrichs Getraenke 3000 in Kornwestheim has everything. What they don't have the owner will get for you within a few days. He got me a rare bottle of gin in three days. Very friendly.

Posted

Sabinee: You are correct. Heinrichs 3000 did have a few British IPA as well as even a few bottles of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from the USA! Even had a few bottles of German IPA. Now I have to start working my way through them to separate the wheat from the chaff. Also saw Belgians (Leffe), Egyptian(!), Japanese and Canadian beers.

BTW, that place is huge and has more beer, water, juice and stuff than you can imagine!

Posted

I have discovered a damn good German IPA! Crew IPA is good stuff and available at Heinrichs in Korwestheim and you can order it directly from the Crew IPA website.

There is hope after all.

Posted

http://www.feine-biere.de/german-ipa-beer.html

I plan to visit this place when he returns in Sep (2013) and see what he has.

Fingers crossed!

Posted

Wow...been a while since I posted this... Feine beer in Gartringen is the real deal for many types of beer. Especially IPA/hoppy beers. Martin is a really good egg and knows his beer.

Also found Mon Petit Cafe in Bad Cannstatt. He has hundreds of beer for sale (some very expensive - too spendy for me).

https://de-de.facebook.com/pages/Mon-Petit-Café-Bistrobar/134374663432791