M-Net experiences - good or bad?

48 posts in this topic

Posted

I ordered m-Net DSL 2 weeks ago, I have got my connection details through the post last Sat. It says on the letter that the splitter and modem will arrive via a delivery service.

How long did it take for your modem to arrive? When should I phone them to moan?

Posted

Had the modem before I got connected - Deutsche T-com of course fucked up the connection transfer and it took 3 months.

Posted

exact. same. experience.

mnet was great [other than the guy on the phone that told me my modem was the problem and made me bring it back twice when i was absolutely certain that the modem was NOT the problem. he also yelled at me for not seeing three lights on the modem when there were only two, and told me that he could speak english, but he wouldn't as he wasn't required to. hilarious.]

Posted

Finally got it today...

3Mb Connection... Muahahahahahahaha.

InternetDlSpeed.jpg

Posted

how much are you paying for connection and isp? Do you have a flat-rate?

I got put off going for a faster DSL because the flat-rates were soooo expensive. I stuck with DSL-1000 and a flat rate of €15,90. The extra €40 or so per month wasn't worth it.

Posted

Arcor and Freenet are doing good deals at the moment. Arcor have a bundle (DSL 1000 + ISDN + Flatrate = €40) I eventually went for the Freenet option as its a 2Mb connection with a wireless DSL router/modem for a one-time payment of €14, add on a 5GB transfer for €9,90 and it came to an extra €26 per month. Should be online in 1 week !

Posted

Hmm Im paying 54 pm for everything but I might switch up... is there a calling mobile deal for free yet ?

Posted

Thinking of jumping on the M-net package... how are people getting on with it todate ?

Posted

very happy with them...

OhNoehTheyDidnt.png

They gave me a free upgrade from 3mb to 6mb...

Posted

70€ for everything.  I think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I keep reading that it's cheaper with other provider. Well, i'm with Deutsche Telekom. Per month, I pay a total of 42.89 Euro (15.95 Euro for tel line + 16.99 Euro for DSL line + 9.95 Euro for 1500mB "flatrate"). No initial cost whatsoever, even got free splitter & modem. Because someone lived here before, the tel jack was already in place thus, the connection was switched on in a couple of days of my signing up.

Perhaps you can share with me how much you are paying for a package, with the various provider? I don't seem to understand :)

Posted

actually, its more like 60€. That also includes calls to the UK.

Posted

options for flat rate is

Bandwidth Down-/ Upstream max

2000/256 kbit/s (€38.30)

3000/256 kbit/s (€46.30)

6000/512 kbit/s (€52.30)

including analog phone line connection & printed bill & flat rate.

I guess 2Mbps is fine for one connection at the time ?

Posted

I keep reading that it's cheaper with other provider. Well, i'm with Deutsche Telekom. Per month, I pay a total of 42.89 Euro (15.95 Euro for tel line + 16.99 Euro for DSL line + 9.95 Euro for 1500mB "flatrate").

That's not a flatrate, however. The price includes 1.5Gb of up+download per month. Over and above that you pay more (1.6cents per Mbyte)

YL6

Posted

i struck m-net from my list because of their sign-up fees. can't quote the exact costs, but think it was €150. i know it was more than the usual €99 everyone charged.

i apologize in advance if i've exaggerated.

Posted

That's not a flatrate, however. The price includes 1.5Gb of up+download per month. Over and above that you pay more (1.6cents per Mbyte)

YL6

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds stupid - not techie enough - but what's a flat rate then? What is it for? Do you need it?

As a single-user, I never exceed 1.5Gb. I can't remember but when I was signing up, the salesguy told me 1.5Gb is a lot of pages! :)

Very curious how much people pay for to get internet access i.e. telephone (without calls) + internet from the various service provider. So we can have a comparison table??

Posted

A "flat rate" is what it says on the tin. A fixed price per month - No extra charges for data or time online, irrespective of how long you surf and what you download. 1.5Gb/month is certainly fine for casual home users, but of little use for power users or for families sharing a connection. Providers often over-sell these time or data limited connections, because as the internet becomes more familiar, people use it more, downloading pictures, music, movies, etc., so start to exceed their limit and pay more per month. Their contracts often prevent them from easilly changing until an anniversary.

€9.95/month is overpriced for a non-flatrate service, when most of the competition offers €8.90/month or less (€4.99 in the city) for true flatrate services. If you really don't need a flatrate then you can get 2Gbyte/month from Strato for FREE (if you exceed the 2GByte limit in the month then you drop onto their €9.90 flatrate for that month only) - this also includes 150 free minutes a month for IP telephony and a modem/router/wireless/VoIP adapter for €49.95 instead of €149.95

You can see a service price comparison at the link shown in post #10 in this thread...

YL6

Posted

THANKS YL6!

Posted

just ordered m-net for our flat 2 days ago, as it was the most cost efficient plan we could find (went to the m-net store in marianplatz u-zentrm and they were extrmely helpful with explaining stuff)

think we got 2meg connection with analogue phoneline, free cable modem and splitter for 35 euros a month i think (give or take) plus an installation fee of 49 euros (its been dropped from the 150 she tried to explain why but i didnt really understand yay for language barriers! \o/)

just gotta sit tight and wait for installation now :<