Children's playgroups in Bonn

146 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi there,

I am looking for English-speaking playgroups or any other groups in Bonn or Cologne (we live in Bornheim, between Cologne and Bonn). I have two children, a boy of five years of age, and a girl, 20 months. We are a tri-lingual family, and English is one of the languages spoken in our family. We moved to this area some seven months ago, and are still looking for new contacts. I use to lead an English-speaking playgroup where we used to live before, and I also taught English at local Kindergartens, so forming a new playgroup here, in and for this area, would also be a possibility. If anyone knows of existing playgroups, please let me know. Alternatively, if you'd be interested in starting a new group, please contact me at the_smith_family@t-online.de. Seeing as my children are of various ages, this new group wouldn't need to be exclusively for small children - older children could join, too.

Thank you, and I hope to hear from you.

Posted

Hi,

I also be interested in hearing of / joining any playgroups in Bonn. I start my maternity leave on Tuesday (first child due in November) and would be interested in meeting other English speaking Moms in the area.

Cheers,

Jen

Posted

Hi, I'm also looking for an English speaking playgroup for my son who will be moving with me to Bonn come Feb 2009. Any idea where I can join one? He is 18 months old.

Posted

Hi everyone,

Have you managed to find an English speaking playgroup in Bonn, or started one yourselves? We're very interested in meeting other kids in Bonn who are growing up bi- or multilingually. Our little girl is 9 months old now, mummy is German and daddy is Irish.

Love to hear from you

Posted

I think the one I mentioned above is still going.

Posted

Hi,

The "Familienbildunsstätte Bonn" is offering this semester some playgroups in foreign languages (English, also French and Portuguese). I don't know how good it is as my little girl is still too young to attend but all the other classes I attended were quite good.

http://www.fbs-ev-bonn.de/

Posted

There seems to be a few moms in Bonn with small kids, so I propose that we meet up. Would anyone be interested in joining my 3 month old daughter and I for a coffee one day next week?

Posted

Hi, that sounds like a good idea. I'm still quite new to Bonn, where would you suggest that we meet up?

Posted

Great. What about next Tuesday (March 3rd) at 11am at the Starbucks by the Munster Platz?

Posted

Under the Advert section there is "English-speaking mums and babies playgoup in Bonn". They will meet on Wednesdays at 11:30. So let's cancel next weeks coffee and do this instead.

Cheers,

Jen

Posted

Hi,

we are currently living in New York but will move to Bonn in July. Our baby girl will be one year old by then. I am glad to see that there exist some english speaking playgroups and am looking forward to meeting you in summer! Do you have any advice how to look for an apartment while still abroad? Thanks and bests!

Posted

I'm looking for a tandem-partner who has a child, too. I would like to get together with an English-speaking mommy or daddy and her child/ren, spending some time in the afternoon on playgrounds, taking some walks at the Rhine, sitting in cafes, while our children play together. My daughter is eleven months and I'm 35 years old. We live in Königswinter, but are often in Bonn. Is somebody interested in meeting us?

Posted

Hello, all:

I searched and found this posting from 2008-2009. Is this meetup still happening? I have a 23-month-old daughter and live in Bonn (B. Godesberg).

Thanks,

X

Posted

xia616 did you find an English speaking playgroup? I moved to Bonn last week (Plittersdorf) and have an 18 month old son. I tried to attend the IBIS toddler group this morning but it no longer runs! If you didn't find a group do you fancy meeting up?

Thanks

Claire

Posted

Hi, Claire!

I live just down the road from you (border of Plittersdorf and Rungdorf), and would love to meet up. My daughter and I are sick at the moment, but should be better by next week sometime. I plan on meeting up with another TT mom who lives nearer to zentrum I think, and will check with her to see if it's okay if we try to meet up as a group. My daughter is also at a tagesmutter's house 3 days a week (MTTh), but are generally available every weekday afternoon around 4:00. Hopefully, we can arrange a time.

Welcome to Bonn!

X

Posted

Hi, I have 2 years old daughter and I am in my second pregnancy now. My maternity leave will start in December. I'd like to meet other English speaker in Bonn :)

Posted

xia616 and Slumes

I also live in Plittersdorf and would be happy to meet up with you guys. I have a 31month old boy.

Posted

X and Claire,

We are just outside Bonn, in Alfter-Gielsdorf and have a 10 month old and a 2 and a half year old and are interested in getting together a playgroup.

H

Posted

Well, I'm sorry everyone. My daughter and I have been sick, and I've fallen off this thread for a bit. We are free on Wednesdays and Fridays (and weekends) better than any other days. Also, in the afternoons after naptime (say, 3:30 and beyond). Does that work for anyone else? We are the Plittersdorf/Bad Godesberg area, but travel is no problem.

Thanks,

X