Tennis partners sought and found

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi

I've been over here in Hamburg now for 8 months, and have been hanging out for a game of tennis. I'm probably medium level (maybe a bit optimistic) but I can do topspin forehands and backhands etc but they don't always go in. Anyone out there that would like a regular meetup for a game.

I think I can get cheap games at some indoor tennis courts through my work, but I will have to check that out.

Cheers

Reon

Posted

Hey Reon

Adrian and I were looking at getting a court booked weekly or so (indoors now I guess!). Let me know maybe we can get it organised together. Pretty rusty, but should be able to get the ball back over the net after a couple of goes!

John

Posted

Hey Reon,

Craig is keen and i am too. Maybe Karen is up for some doubles...?

Anyway Craigs mobile is +4915775260227 if you want to set up something for the boys. (Hes not on TT)

Cheers

Feline

Posted

Hey Feline!

(Karen here) I've never played tennis in my life, but I guess I could try and wing it for a doubles match ... lol

See ya later!

Posted

Sounds good! We'll let the boys organise the time and place and we can just tag alone. (am sure they'll love that). If we are too bad we can always sit on the sideline and drink pimms or something... (isnt that what you do at tennis!!) haha.

Cool. Look forward to seeing you guys soon.

F

Posted

Haven't played for ages but I did rediscover my tennis racket whilst clearing up a few days ago! Happy to give it a go or make up a foursome. Whereabouts were you thinking of playing?

Posted

Hey everyone

Sorry, its been bloody busy at work with year end. Its great to see tennis players do actually exist in this town, I was starting to wonder. I haven't had a chance to find out about the cheap indoor tennis courts through my work, but will get onto it tomorrow. Does anyone else know about any indoor tennis courts??

Posted

Hey Mad Dog

I found another court as well, the website site is http://www.stellingertenniscenter.de/preise.html , they were roughly the same price ie 22 euro per hour depending on when you play. Seems to be the standard costs over here. If they tried charging 44 NZ dollars (which that equates too) for an inside court in NZ, I don't think anyone would turn up.

I've got a game with Craig this weekend, but would be keen for a game weeknights as well if you're keen. Maybe we could tie it in with John and Adrian and have a game of doubles??

Posted

this thread died 3 years ago but...

Does anyone know of any outdoor tennis courts, which presumably would be a bit cheaper than the 22 € options mentioned above? A bit of googling only turned up clubs where you have to buy a yearly membership.

and

Would anyone be interested in playing some tennis? I'm pretty bad at the moment, since I've only played about 5 times since I was a kid, but expect to be a fairly quick study and don't mind getting walloped in the meantime.

Posted

hi,

have you found any good tennis club? I would be interested to play tennis as well. But I have never played it yet.

Posted

I would also be up for a game sometime.

Posted

I found a place where you can get an outdoor court by the hour for a reasonable price (10,50€ - 15,50€ depending on time of day and whether a student).

It seems to be near the Berliner Tor and Hammerbrook stations, which seems pretty convenient.

The outdoor courts don't open until the end of April, but it would be possible to play indoors until then (although it's more expensive... up to 22€).

http://www.bsv-hamburg.de/index1.htm

What days and times would work for you?

Posted

Hey,

I'm an Australian that has recently moved here. Played a lot of tennis growing up but havent played much at all for the past 10 years (now 28)...would be definitely keen for a hit!

Marcus.

Posted

Hey all - I'd be interested in meeting up for some fun games, however, I will not be in Hamburg until around July 1. Please keep this thread alive if you find some places to play. I am new here to Germany (from US) and my wife works a lot, so I have quite a bit of free time. I used to be pretty good at tennis, but haven't played for a while (easily 1-2 years), so I'll be a bit rusty.

Mike

Posted

Hey who wants to play on Monday 17.05? I am not professional but really love to play tennis...

If it will be good whether we can play outdoor not far from Berliner Tor...

Looking forward to hear from you guys ;)

Posted

Hi anyone keen for a hit of tennis? Am beginner to intermediate level. Cheers

Posted

Hi,

Is anyone still interested in playing tennis?

Can you please recommend me some cheap clubs/courts in Hamburg?

I am mid level, but haven't played for some years.

Cheers,

Posted

someone who wants to play tennis?

Posted

Recently moved to Lehel in Munich and am looking for someone to play tennis with, good club player and am happy to meet up at your courts.

Message me if interested.

Leo

Posted

hi, you might have more luck in the Munich forum... :)

Posted

Hello all,

I moved to Hamburg in January from Atlanta, USA. I'm an intermediate level tennis player (USTA NTRP rating 4.5) and am eagerly looking for someone competitive to hit with. I've scoped out all the tennis clubs in hamburg that have indoor tennis facilities, but have found that I need a partner to book and use the courts. I can play in the mornings as well as evenings thanks to my flexible work schedule. I live in the Sternschanze area, so have easy access to most clubs in the area. Looking forward to hearing from someone soon.

Posted

If anyone is looking for a tennis partner, please take a look at Facebook and join the "Tennis Hamburg" group.

Sucht jemand ein Tennis Partner, dann gehe bitte auf Facebook unter "Tennis Hamburg" Group

Posted

Hey peeps,

I, too, love to hit the ball around. If anyone is interested (friendly competition, of course, as I'm horribly out of shape and underplayed), PM me. I have plenty of racquets, so the court fee should be all we have to split. I'm available on most Saturdays.

Posted

cool, we'll have to organize a TTT event.

I've looked at Witthoft in Bramfeld.

other suggestions?