Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

English-speaking opthamologist in Berlin

10 posts in this topic

Posted

hey does anyone know any good english speaking eye doctors in berlin?

Thanks

Posted

Doctor Kruse in Potsdamer Platz. Tel. 25925200

I do not know how good her English is because I spoke to her always in German, but my wife used to speak to her in English, I think.

Posted

Thanks Krieg I went to Dr. Kruse and she was nice but the organization of the office was ridiculous. I had an appointment for 12pm and waiting an hour till the Dr. saw me. The damn secretary was so stupid that even though I gave her my insurance card, filled out paper work and had an appointment she forgot I was there and let 10 other people go before me. What a horrible and time wasting experience. I do NOT recommend this eye doctors office at all.

So if anyone else has any better eye doctors for other interested people please feel free to recommend them.

Cheers

Posted

Does anyone else know of an English-speaking optometrist they could recommend?

Posted

Hi, I went to see Dr Steinbruck last year. She is lovely and although we spoke in German, she does speak very good English (she started off in English, then I asked if we could continue in German). She's very centrally located between Hackesher Markt and Alexanderplatz.

Dr. med. Dagmar Steinbrück

Münzstr. 5

10178 Berlin

Telefon: 0 30 / 2 47 69 81

The receptionist doesn't speak English (I think) but the doctor does. Hope this helps.

Posted

Just been told today I need to see an eye doctor after the optician did two tests on my eyes and says there's a problem (eek!). Anyone know if TK public insurance covers eye doctor appointments?

Posted

am seeking a english speaking eye doctor, as the posts for the Drs above are form 2009 ... any more recent recommendations? my GP gave a recommendation but after a week of trying to get through to no avail, I thought maybe someone here has a good experiecne ...

thank you in advance ...

Posted

I also need to find a good eye doctor in Berlin and would like to get an up-to-date recommendation. In addition to standard vision and glaucoma tests, I need a thorough eye exam which I can send to my Lasix eye surgeon back in the states.

The doctor doesn't have to be English-speaking, although that would be a nice bonus.

I have a recommendation from a friend for Andrea Lietz-Partzsch but have been unable to reach her after trying for three weeks. Is anyone here familiar with her?

Thanks!

Posted

Hi, We are also looking for an opthamologist for eye check up around P.Berg. Any recommendations?

Thank you!

Posted

I've seen the older recommendations but was wondering if anyone can recommend someone they've seen recently. I've had a small cataract in my left eye and I've had cataract surgery on my right eye so I'd like to get a check-up.