Netball teams in Hamburg

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello! I'm a 28 year old, English girl, living in Hamburg. I would like to know if anyone knows of a netball team I can join in the area? If not, I could help set one up if people are interested? I used to play county netball in England, but would be happy to play any level netball, as I miss the sport so much! Thanks, Emma :)

Posted

A GOOGLE for Hamburg & netball seems to turn up just a few hits from people asking about joining teams...

Maybe have to try for some other activity?

Posted

Hi there. I am a 29year old female from australia who is also looking to start up a netball team. Have you found anyone else who is interested in starting this up in Hamburg?

Posted

Hi guys. I used to play netball in Australia too, did anyone find a team? Would be interested in joining.

Posted

Did you guys ever find a Netball club here in Hamburg? Did anyone check at the University?

Posted

Yo! I'm 26 and I use to play netball back in high school. It'd be fun to play again. Hit me up if you come up with anything. :)

Posted

Hey all, I checked the uni (Hochschulsport) and there's no netball there. If anyone wants to set something up in Hamburg I'd been keen to join! :)

Posted

Hi there,

I'm also from Australia and would love to play some netball over here. please let me know if anyone finds a team around here!!

Posted

I vote for setting a team up! Ive been pondering this for months now and I know some english girls how would also love to play!

Posted

Hi! I am also from Australia and would love to play netball once a week, however I fear the problem here will be that if we set up our team we will be playing with ourselves? I have not been able to find a league here, has anyone else?

I propose basketball? I have not played bball since school and I am sure I will be terrible at it, but I know there are leagues here, and I think most netballers know the rules? Let me know what everyone thinks!

Posted

Not sure if anyone is still keeping an eye on this thread but I would also love to join a netball club. Even with this list it is still short of two teams but these things often start small and then once they get going new people join. I am really new to Hamburg so I don't have any ideas about courts in HH but maybe even if we are just a handful of people we could get started and see if we can get some interest going?

I'm British and therefore always played against other lasses but I personally find Aussie netball of mixed teams much more fun.

Anyone still interested?

Posted

Yep, still very interested. I agree that numbers shouldn't be a problem after word gets out. What about venue? Since there are probably no netball courts, could we use a basketball court and mark off the thirds with tape?

Posted

It's just a matter of setting it up. Please email me on mauriora@live.com your name and email address. All we need is a ball, a court 14 players a whistle a ref, bibs and time. I'm keen to play.

First things first, does anyone know a local basketball court full length? If so, Please make a call to the court organisers and ask about the use of the court.

I'd be keen to set it up I would need someone to help out, I'm a working mom, and I'm limited with time please put your name forward if you're willing to help out. I'm certain there's plenty of men and women who are eager to play.

If you no of an indoor sports complex who are willing and keen for us to use their facilities please let me know I will make some calls and maybe we can set up an indoor netball tournament.

OK. So people, lets make a move!

Lee

Posted

I'll be posting a separate post requesting members and materials, please join my thread.

Posted

Hey ladies, SO I've set up and Facebook page to communicate. If you're eager to help me out please email me on netballinhamburg@live.com here we can correspond privately. We're still in infancy. Balls, refs, whisltes, bibs, tees, courts are still needed. Some people have contacted me, so things are slowly falling into place. I wonna make this annual so please if you can give us a hand!

<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http

email - netballinhamburg@live.com

Lee

Posted

https://www.facebook.com/pages/edit/?id=147829005286073&sk=yoursettings#!/pages/Netball-HH-Hamburg-DE/147829005286073

Please try this link instead

Facebook Netball HH

Posted

Is there still a netball team in Hamburg? or is anyone interested in setting one up?

Posted

OK...We are now recruting Netball Players - old, young, experience or not, We will have open sessions called Back to Netball. More details to follow.

Please let me know if you are interested in joining us for these fun, easy going netball sessions

:-)

Posted

I'd love to join! I don't think I'll be as fit as I was back in university but it'll be super to play netball again! Looking forward to it!