Weekly meetup for badminton in Berlin

76 posts in this topic

Posted

I suggest Mondays, somewhere central. Anyone and everyone interested, reply to this post and we can reserve a court!

Posted

Hi,

Is this still happening? Anyone interested in playing? I used to be very good, but it has been a while, so I would love to find someone that isn't a total beginner. I would expect to get back into the swing of things fairly quickly. Not interested in Squash though.

Also, can you rent decent rackets? I will have to get my own eventually, but kind off broke right now.

M

Posted

Oh, forgot to say: Doesn't matter to me which day of the week. Daytime is even better.

Posted

Hello,

I'm interested -- I too was once fairly good, though haven't played regularly for several years now. I'll be rusty for a while as my shots return and I get back into shape... I've also got a decent racket you could use.

The only place in Berlin I've played is the SEZ, which is fairly convenient for me, but if you know of a place in Kreuzberg I'd be interested to see if there are better courts around.

-M

Posted

Hey M-

Just PMd you. But in case there are any others that might be interested as well, I'm posting again. Haven't been to any courts yet in Berlin, so why let's try SEZ first and explore later?

M

Posted

did you ever end up finding a badminton court in kreuzberg? i'd love to play sometime soon. just arrived from the states.

Posted

Myself and a few colleagues would be interested.

What´s the plan?

Thanks,

Joe

Posted

Hi all,

myself and my girlfriend would also be interested in a game of badminton. I *think* there is a hall right at the Moeckernbruecke U-bahn station, but I'll check it out. I also have 3 fairly good racquets that I'm happy to lend out to those that might need them. Let me know if anything's been organised as yet.

Rob

Posted

Hi guys,

I would also like to join. SEZ is nice option. I have played there a couple of time. I have also tried Spoert Oase near U Turmstr., but I will never recommend that. The ceiling is very low and just outside the court line are the pillars. I had smashed a racket against a pillar.

I will not be able to play on Monday/Wednesday. Any other day is fine.

Cheers

Posted

Hello,

I am in and Rob, would be interested in borrowing the 3rd racket :-)

So when and where would work for the majority? I am only free evenings

Posted

Hey all,

I would also be interested in playing, any evening except Tuesday and Thursday are fine for me. I dont have a racquet yet, can you normally rent them from the halls?

Posted

I am up for playing at SEZ any night of the week. Anybody interested can drop me a mail at ekarhu3@gmail.com

Posted

Hi All,

Have you managed to set up any Badminton games...?

I'm looking to start playing again after a couple of years lay off.

I need to get fitter and lose some pounds.

Can you let me know where and when you intend playing next.

I'd like to come down and meet and arrange for a game in the future.

Posted

Hi guys,

How about tomorrow evening (Friday, 27th Feb). We meet at around 7 pm at SEZ. I will be playing after a long time, so I am sure that after a couple of games my body is going to hurt. In this case I can relax during the weekend. If anyone is interested just send me a PM latest by 2200 Hrs today. Then I shall carry my badminton kit tomorrow.

Cheers

Manu

Posted

Hi,

I'm going to play badminton with my friends on Friday in SEZ, anyone interested to join us this week?

Rita

Posted

Hi,

At what time would you start playing? If you start at around 7 pm, then I shall also join.

Cheers

Manu

Posted

We usually start around 8 p.m but it depends on what time they have free places.

Need to call them tomorrow, will let you know.

Posted

Hi All,

Do you mind if I swing by on Friday. Just to check things out.

I'm looking for a midweek game and possibly a sunday afternoon game if anyone is interested.

Which is the nearest U-Bahn to SEZ...?

Paddy.

Posted

Hi,

thanks for the initiative. Any time after 7 pm is perfectly OK for me. I am in.

Cheers

Manu