Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Updates to Google Maps for Munich

65 posts in this topic

Posted

I´ve seen the Googlemobil at the Sonnenstraße near Stachus this midday. It was the same car as in the video above.

Posted

Did the Munich car have a short pole and small camera on top, or a tall pole with what looks like lots of gear?

The smaller pole'd cars only have a 360 camera, the newer "Big pole" setup also contain 3d Laser Scanners

So they can make the images 3D in Google maps.

Pics

--------------

Big pole (Camera + Laser scanners)

Short Pole (Camera Only)

Posted

Neither...

I saw 4 cameras at 90deg angles and one above that.

Essentially the same as on the video from Seville.

Posted

According to BBC News the photographing of the UK is believed to have started this week: Google Street View in the UK

So I suppose it's likely that Google have now started their data collection across all of Europe.

There's a question mark, however, about whether Google's system will fall foul of European privacy laws. See the above BBC News link.

Who here would be happy to see their image show up in Google Street View?

What about if you were doing something embarassing at the time, like heading into a brothel?

Related earlier TT chat topic: Google Maps gets "Street View"

Posted

Do you do that Editor Bob head into brothels? no really I thought this was also banned because of the Privacy act and so on ?

Posted

According to this article in the SZ, Google are photographing streets in Germany with the help of a camera mounted on an Opel Astra. Certain people aren't impressed because it contravenes data protection. Have you seen this car? I've seen it on Bayerstrasse and Hackerbrücke already recently.

post-4557-1216734279.jpg

Ob Kudamm, Leopoldstraße oder Zeil: Überall soll man am Computer virtuell durch deutsche Städte streifen können, 360-Grad-Rundumsicht inklusive.

In den USA hat Google bisher rund 40 Städte durchfotografiert, darunter San Francisco und New York. Wie viele es in Deutschland sein werden, will Google nicht sagen. Es liege aber im Interesse Googles, sagt Sprecher Stefan Keuchel, alle Städte zu fotografieren.

Posted

I saw it last week twice - once on Ingolstadterstrasse and once somewhere else that I can't remember.

Posted

Saw something with camera's on the roof like that out at Ottobrunn an hour ago.

Posted

Did you pull a moony?

Posted

I'd want my face on there so I could sue them. Not sure my arse is so easy to identify.

Edit: Beaten by a few seconds there...

Posted

I think that Rottenneighbor.com originally allowed German posts, but appear to have gotten into some trouble.

Either that, or they've just read TT and correctly concuded that "rotten" is the default setting for all German neighbors :)

Posted

Probably complains about EB's arse?

Posted

I was only in Munich for 3 days and I saw it...Leopoldstrasse

Posted

I saw it two weeks ago at the deutsche museum.. it drove up the road to the museum but didnt go to the driveway.. and then turned around.. the camera and tripod were smaller and shorter though...

Posted

I saw it 2 times in Berlin a couple of weeks ago.